Wednesday 12 March 2014

FINDING ICTs - "HELLO KITTY IN SPACE"

A wonderful video was shared in the first weeks forum (What ICT did you see in Hello Kitty in space?).

This video was produced by one of the 7th grader for her science project. She mounted a camera and used other ICT tools to create her very own space ship for Hello Kitty to send it to space. It was an astonishing project that grabbed the attention of older students. 

I could watch it over and over again. It opened my mind and made me think about my future projects for students. As educators we all know that children should be finding out about the uses of technology in their everyday lives, before it is implemented in the education system. They should be exposed to programmed toys and use computers to aid in their learning. Children need the opportunity to explore and play with computers just as they do with other forms of ICT, such as tape recorders. These kinds of play acts as the foundation for more structured use and applications later on.

After viewing this video I noticed that she is a very confident girl. She is very knowledgable with ICT tools like the camera for recording and tools needed to edit the video. Those who have seen the video can see her dedication and hard work in compiling this video project. It actually inspired me to do projects with my students during my practicum sessions.

Feel free to view the video clip and judge for yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment