Monday 14 April 2014

Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK)

My friend Diana's  straightforward and simple post here TPACK. I would like think that model/ acronym has the right to do so. When I first seen that model I have some kind of interest to explore that model. I think it is very useful model for teachers in preschool educations.

TPACK is the short for Technology, Pedagogical and Content Knowledge.


This diagram and below YouTube video is a great representation for the TPACK importantly the blue circle around the outside represents this. The idea that is what is good for one is not likely to be good for another supports this representation. There should be alignment between the content, the pedagogy and technology that you use – they should match and support each other. Not only is the right ICT to be chosen but a tool by itself doesn’t mean that a certain type of learning outcome will be achieved, it is how the tool is used that can have positive implications. I have found this diagram depicting TPACK an extremely useful one.


I am definitely looking forward trying it all during my professional experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment