Sunday 6 April 2014

Thinking about assignment 2

Actually I do not feel relaxed after I had done ASSIGMENT 1. Every week we are still required to post at least 3 posts in our blog.


As what I understanding for ASSIGMNET 2 there are 2 parts just like ASSIGNMENT 1.



  • Ø  Part A is about the learning journal, same as assignment 1
  • Ø  Part B is to think about a unit plan which can use for 3 to 5 weeks than create a task sheet and rubric for  assessment (not more than 8 pages)
  • Ø  500 words essay to justify the ICTs selected in unit plan.


I don’t think this is a difficult assignment for us, because for most of my friends this semester is the last semester of this course. In previous courses we were exposed to unit plan and lesson sequencing a lot.

When I read the unit plan template I noticed that we have to write:-
Context, Stage 1 and Stage 2 and stage 3.
Context is about the school, students, special events and staff. I am thinking of choosing Unit Plan on Science subject for Year 1 students.


  • Ø  Stage 1 is about what students will learn, the approach, constructing knowledge objectives, and transforming objectives. For approach, I will be using 5E’s Model.
  • Ø  Stage 2 is assessment evidence that required us to think of what formative and summative.
  • Ø  Stage 3 is learning plan.

Those are the parts I am thinking of using for my Unit Plan. Hope that I’m on the right track.
I hope that I will get a better understanding of assignment 2 and how to do it after attending this Saturday class. also i found lot of new information about assignment 2 in my friend kathleen blog. you may read her blog. 

The following link has a very good article to read and understand about the curriculum. I found this website  Educationscotland.gov.uk on  Kathleen's blog. She mentions that in this website, they said curriculum should be organised so that they will learn and develop through variety of contexts within both the classroom and other aspects of school life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment