Monday 5 May 2014

First week PRAC reflection

I started my teaching practice a week ago and now I am heading for my week two.

I believe my last week teaching was good and gain lot of knowledge and experience s. But I found quite challenging this time because we need to implement ICT in our learning resources. In this school most of the teacher like to teach traditional teaching style but they use commuters and other ICT tool in class room context.
Last week my focus was science (planting)


In this activity the students are taken out to observe nature. They will be looking at tees, little plants, leaves and also collecting the leaves that have fallen on the ground. They also will be looking at the animals and the little creatures that live in the trees. According to John Locke learning occurs through senses, moving simple to complex (cited in Gutek). Which supports my teaching methods? The students are observing nature through their five senses and learning what they see and moving on to the complex methods like learning to name the different parts of the plant.

In second day we plant seeds and we keep planting pot different location of the school indoor, outdoor and observe every day same time.
In this lesson students understand respect for the beauty and value of plants and the nature environment. Student learned various condition affect the growing of plants. They also compare the love and care needed by plants to the love and care needed by people also. Students also measure and observed the growth of their seedlings.

End of the week we compiled all the pictures we took and make video presentation.  Have a look 

No comments:

Post a Comment