Tuesday 20 May 2014

Interactive white board


Reading my friend safee blog I found very interesting post that is using the technology of today in the classroom .This post let my mind go searching IWB.

I have been searching for visual demonstration of successful use of interactive white board in early childhood. I have discovered slideshares a site that has wonderful   educational slide show that can be share with colleagues. I found one about the interactive whiteboard which I have found very informative and relevant to the early childhood classroom.


IWB are educational tools that increase levels of interaction, communication, collaboration and engagement in learning and teaching situations (Northcote, 2010). I have chosen this topic ‘IWB’, as I believe IWB is a digital tool that helps students to manipulate with text by using their fingers and pens, making learning more active, kinesthetic, and engaging. The whole class can be engaged in interactions; and lessons can be saved and played later for students who need more time. IWB can be used in all levels of learning including Preschools and higher education.



Reference 
Northcote., (2010). Interactive whiteboards: Interactive or just whiteboard? Journal of Education Technology 4, 494-510.

No comments:

Post a Comment