Sunday 27 April 2014

Preparing for teaching practice

Nearly one week closer to my Professional Experience I am beginning to think of critical questions I must ask the school before I arrive. To be prepared for my classroom context, I must know;
- The students and their diversity.
- The available ICTs in and outside the classroom (library resources)
- The teachers belief of ICT integration

So I made I list of things getting to know before start my teaching practice

ü  Visit my prac school and meet my teacher or mentor and get familiar about the school activities and classroom
ü  Decide year level and curriculum going to teach children
ü  Plan some activities for children
ü  Dress code

Also I research some tips for professional practice too.
v  Always  be early or on time
v  Be professional – dress cord, looks appeal
v  Be flexible – you do not know what the teacher you are going to work with will be, what the demands are, what needs they have of you, so be ready for anything
v  Be friendly with all the staff – they will help you
v  Plan ahead – briefly you can give some idea ideas to cooperative teacher, or find some values that you have will just make the experience a lot better – keep a good pace in your classroom – do not panic if you feel little behind – you can always ask other teachers to help
v  Be cooperative – work with people and helps a lot
v  Give it your all – give all your effort to learn teaching – it will get a lot of years to get into it
v  Observe as many teachers as you can
v  Know your limitations and boundaries and call your union when you are in doubt
v  Work on a classroom management  style – it takes time to learn your curriculum, it takes the
v  Do not be afraid to seek out a better situation – if this does not work for you, move on


No comments:

Post a Comment